Saturday, September 3, 2011

Clean Out Your Closet!


So school is just a few days away and you have probably bought some new clothes to add to your collection. You might notice that you closet is getting a bit full and crowed or you just want to give your closet one big cleaning! Well here are some of my tips for cleaning out your closet! 

trying to figure out what clothes to get rid of
So I find this the hardest part of organizing my clothes. This is what I usallaly ask myself when going through each piece of clothing:
- do I like it? If it is a yes, then keep it! :) 
- have I worn this in the past year? If you haven't worn it in a year then you probably won't wear it again
- does it fit me? Sometimes you out grow clothes and there is no point of keeping something if it doesn't fit
Don't throw out basic items (like plain t-shirts) because you can always add new accessories to give them a new look! 

what to do with the clothes you don't want anymore
This is my favourite part. You can organize a clothing swap with all your friends! This is a good idea to do before school because you and your friends can get some new clothes without paying a fortune! What you do it take all the clothes you don't like any more and your friends do the same and bring it to a friends house or yours. And you just swap your clothes! It is a lot of fun :) When your done and you have some extra clothes that no one wants I would donate them. This way they go to someone who is going to wear them and enjoy having them. 

how to organize
It is good to organize your closet because when you are trying to get ready you don't wanna spend 5 minutes trying to find a top, it is more easier when you know where it is. Personally I like to organize my clothes by what type they are. Like hoodies, long sleeve tops, t-shirts, tanks, dresses, ect.  But I know some people like to go by colour. It really depends on what works for you. 

just a few more tips
During the school week I like to plan out what I am wearing the next day. I am the type of person that will try on on all of my clothes until I find something I like, and It is better for me to do that the night before than in the morning and end up being late. I have a part in my closet where I put the clothes that I am going to wear. That way when I wake up I know where they are and I don't waste a lot of time.
Go through your closet each season (like summer and winter) and put away your winter clothes or summer clothes. This way you have extra space and you don't really need shorts in your closet when its 30 below. I suggest getting one of those vacuum bags. Just fold up the clothes and put them under your bed. That way if you ever do need them it isn't that hard to unzip.

That is how I clean out my closet and organize it :) Hope you guys are having a great day and I will talk to you later!
 
Best viewed on Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Safari browsers, and high resolutions.

Copyright © 2014 sissypaspartou™. Powered by Blogger™