Sunday, September 25, 2011

How To: Give Yourself A Manicure!


 This is a great way to relax and give yourself some 'you' time :) Plus it can save a lot of money and can work just the same as if you were to go to the salon. I like to do my nails every Sunday, my nail polish tends not to chip or come off easily so I can do them every week or two weeks at most. But If your nails do chip easily I would suggest maybe doing this twice a week. 

What You Are Going To Need:
- towel 
- bowl
- cuticle pusher (optional)
- cuticle cream or moisturizer (optional)
- base coat/top coat 
- nail polish 
- nail polish remover
- paper towels/cotton balls/Q-tips
- nail clippers
-nail file

Steps:
1. Lay out the towel on a table or flat surface and fill your bowl with hot or warm water.
2. Take some paper towels or cotton balls and put some nail polish remover on them. Take off any nail polish you have on. Still do this even if you don't have any nail polish on. 
3. Soak your fingers in the bowl of warm/hot water for around 5-10 minutes. Doing this will make them softer and easier for when you have to cut them.
4. Clip your finger nails and take any dirt that can be under nail out. After that file them.
5. This step can be optional, you don't need to push your cuticles back but it always makes the nail look nicer. So if you are doing this step take some cuticle cream or oil and but a bit on each on of your cuticles. Then massage them in. After that take the cuticle pusher and push them back. 
6. Apply hand lotion to your hands. Then take a cotton ball or paper towel and take off the lotion that got onto your fingernails.
7. Apply a base coat to your nails. 
8. When that dries paint you fingernails with what ever colour of nail polish you want. I don't have any tricks for this, I am actually really bad at paining my nails. But just try your best. 
9. Paint a second coat if it needs one, and look at all your nails to make sure they all have the same amount of nail polish on them. 
10. Wait for them to dry. After they are dry put a top coat on them.
11. Once they are completely dry fix up any mistakes with a Q-tip or paper towel with nail polish remover on it. 
12. Wash your hands. I like to do this to take any smell of nail polish remover of my hands and you will know for sure that they are dry. 

That is how you give yourself a manicure :) I am going to paint my nails like the picture above because I think it is so pretty. I love how there is glitter on only one half of the nail! Super cute :) 

"If your claws are out, you might as well paint them " - unknown 
 
Best viewed on Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Safari browsers, and high resolutions.

Copyright © 2014 sissypaspartou™. Powered by Blogger™