Monday, December 12, 2011

Blogmas Day 7: Christmas Cookies!

YUMMY!
Yes, today I am doing a post on Chirstmas Cookies! This is mostly because I am baking right now and I thought it would be fun to share and maybe inspire you to do some baking too! :) In this blog post I will go over sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies. I bought cookie dough already made, so I won't go through the baking and mixing steps in detail but I will put a link to a recipe if your interested in see that :) 
Sugar Cookies
What You Are Going To Need:
- Cookie Dough 
- Cookie Cutters
- Icing 
- Food Colouring 
- Sprinkles
How to Make it:
Get the cookie dough and put flour on it and roll it out. Then get some cookie cutters (it can be stars or anything) and cut the dough. Bake as directed on the package.
When it is baking you can make some icing! For the icing you will need 1 cup icing sugar and 1 -2 tbsp of milk. The whip until it looks like icing (haha). Or you can also buy white icing if you don't want to make it. 
You can separate the icing into little bowls and make each one a different colour. Just put in a few drops of food colouring. I made my icing red, green, and white. 
Spread the icing on the cookie after it has baked and cooled. Then add sprinkles! I have a bunch of Christmas sprinkles, there are little trees and red and green sprinkles! Cute, eh? :) 
Here is a recipe if you are interested in making our cookies homemade: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/easy-sugar-cookies-107061.aspx
Gingerbread Cookies
Run, Run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man!
Hopefully, you don't have any run away gingerbread men! Haha :) 
Here is what your going to need to make it:
- cookie dough
- cookie cutters
- icing (and a baggie)
- candy (like jubjub candies) 
How to make it:
Get the cookie and roll it out flat (don't forget the flour!). Use the cookie cutter and cut the cookie dough into little men. Bake as directed on the package. 
You can make the icing just like you did in the sugar cookie one. Once you have your icing separate it into Ziploc sandwich bags. You can add food colouring to how many baggies you have. Push the icing to a corner of the baggie and then cut a little hole. This will help you design the cookies. Make a little hole at first and then go bigger if you need too. 
Once the cookies are done baking and cooled its time to put the icing on!
I like to make an outline around the gingerbread man and then add a smile. Then I make two little dots of icing like buttons and put the jubjub's on it. YUM!
Here is a recipe if you are wanting to make them homemade: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/gingerbread-people-84137.aspx

These also make really cute presents! It is something I am giving to my friends. Just get a cute tin from Wal-Mart or Zellers (Target if you live in america) and put in the cookies! :) 
Hope you enjoyed this blog post and I will talk to you later! 
 
Best viewed on Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Safari browsers, and high resolutions.

Copyright © 2014 sissypaspartou™. Powered by Blogger™